SALC to host blood drive for Lucas Reznchenko. Lucas has leukemia and is the ECC student that we have been praying for since 2014. This past year he has experienced a relapse, so in his honor we will be hosting a blood drive on Sunday, September 17th.
The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is the community’s Blood Center. They provide for patients in 170+ hospitals and to accomplish this they must collect 1,000 units daily.
Sign up today by calling the church office 713-468-9565 or online www.giveblood.org and login to Digital Donor. Enter sponsor code 9857.
BEFORE YOU DONATE
· Do not donate on an empty stomach.
· Eat a healthy meal before you donate blood.
· Avoid fatty foods for 24 hours before you donate.
· Eat iron rich foods to boost iron, such as lean meat or fish, green leafy vegetables and iron-fortified cereal. Increasing vitamin C in your system will help with iron absorption.
· Drink plenty of water or fruit juice the night and morning before you donate. Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks which can cause dehydration.
· Get a good night’s sleep.
No matter what blood type you are, we’ve got you-and your feet-covered. Make a sock-cessful blood donation and receive a pair of Type Matters socks!